Graduate Research Assistantships (2009-2010), Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
Research Assistantships are available for Masters Degree Programmes in the Department of Aeronautical Engineering of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia for the academic year 2009-2010. Assistantship per month is around 1500RM. On campus dormitory accommodation on nominal charges may be provided for students who are single. Tuition fees of about 700RM/month for the first six months and about 530RM/month for the subsequent months are to be borne by the student.
Field of Research
Propellants and Combustion
Who can apply?
1. Fresh Mechanical Engineering/ Aerospace Engineering/ Aeronautical Engineering graduates with good academic standing (minimum CGPA of 3.00/4).
2. Students who are to graduate by May/June 2009 can also apply.
3. Interest and strong knowledge in gas dynamics and combustion are the basic requirements.
4. The applicant should be conversant with computer programming.
5. Relevant research experience will be an added qualification.
6. Strong knowledge in English is required (minimum score: TOEFL: 550; or IELTS: 6).
Whom to apply?
Professor S. Krishnan
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
81310 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia
How to apply?
Application should contain
(1) A covering note duly signed,
(2) A Statement of Purpose,
(3) A detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with a self attested passport size photograph and certified photocopies of the grade/mark sheets attached [apart from other details CV must indicate courses taken with dates, grades obtained, final CGPA, computer programming proficiency, TOEFL/IELTS score, and contact address with e-mail and phone numbers].
Also, confidential reports about the applicant from three referees are required. The referees are requested to send their confidential reports (regarding the applicant`s strength and weakness, flare for independent research, capability to work in a team, etc.) in sealed envelopes directly to Professor S. Krishnan.
Assistantships will be offered to the selected students on screening the completed applications as and when received. However, the applications received after April 30th 2009 will not be considered.