FINANCE ASSISTANT [UNDP]
Duties and Responsibilities
II. Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
* Responsible for providing financial supervision to the project, and ensuring the smooth functioning of administrative systems under the project.
* Responsible for the accuracy and appropriateness of disbursements;
* Maintaining the set of books required according to UNDP accounting procedures, classifying and summarizing financial transactions of the project and the generation of required financial reports.
* Responsible for ensuring that the other books of accounts such as subsidiary ledgers and special registers are kept up-to-date
* To work closely with the group of consultants in the project of Microturbine Technology
1. Installs and implements the project’s financial systems and procedures, in accordance with UNDP’s existing guidelines on national execution;
2. Orients Project staff on the use of the project’s financial systems and procedures;
3. Supervise the proper recording of financial transactions and submit a regular report on the project’s financial status;
4. Certifies the correctness of journals, vouchers, bills, statement of accounts, trial balance, budget estimates and other financial statement and records;
5. Signs certification of the availability of funds and or allotment of expenses, vouchers and requisition for supplies, materials, etc.;
6. Consolidate and prepare annual and quarterly budgets and work plans, including the necessary budget revisions;
7. Establish a project account and ensure appropriateness and proper record keeping of transactions;
8. Ensures proper cash management system functioning focusing.
9. Supervise the preparation of payroll and general voucher of salaries, and other documentary requirements for disbursements;
10. Prepare updated reports on disbursements made by the project, and advise the Project Team on the overall financial status of the project.
III. Impact of Results
Key results expected:
The Finance Assistant will work in close collaboration with a group of consultants to ensure the successful production of the following expected outputs:
1. Reports regularly to National Project Director on financial matter.
2. Managed to handle of financial task to the project.
3. Distribute financial report to project members
4. Good book keeping on project financial documentation
5. Responsible in preparatory work for financial matters in the project establishment and area of finance, procurement and other ad-hoc tasks with respect to both the operations of the secretariat and implementation of project activities.
* Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
* Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP
* Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
* Excellent inter-personal and general communication skills
* Shares knowledge and experience
* Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies new acquired skills.
* Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to administrative aspects.
* Good knowledge of financial rules and regulations
* Good knowledge of software application
* Ability to provide input to coordination related activities
* Ability to work with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment
* Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure
Required Skills and Experience
V. Recruitment Qualifications
* Minimum Diploma3, Diploma2 or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Audit or other related fields.
* A Minimum of three years experience in performing general accounting, financial monitoring and reporting and other related accounting tasks in a non-profit organization or donor institutions.
* Knowledge of integrated and/or specific accounting applications. (e.g. general ledger, accounts payable, financial reporting, etc.).
* Familiarity with Electronic Resource Program or accounting software such as PeopleSoft or PeachTree or SunSystem is preferred.
* Updated knowledge on, various international projects on turbine development and applications, with experience in Indonesia being an asset.
* Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
* Able to work in a team atmosphere.
* Good interpersonal communication skill.
* Able to work under pressure and limited time.
* Good command of oral and written Bahasa Indonesia and English.
* Fluency in written and spoken English and Indonesian
Beside applying through the UNDP website, interested and qualified applicants should submit a one-page cover letter and updated curriculum vitae (CV) together with complete contact details of three professional references. CVs should be in English with most recent photograph to.
National Execution by The Agency for the Assessment and Application of Technology (BPPT)
Balai Besar Teknologi Energi (B2TE)-BPPT
Kawasan Puspitek Gd. 620
Cisauk (d/h Serpong)