FINANCE AND ECONOMIC CONSULTANT [UNDP]
Duties and Responsibilities
II. Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
* To work closely with the group of consultants in the project for technical and technology assessment of Microturbine Technology.
* To assist Lead Consultant and National Project Manager (NPM) to produce all necessary documents related to Finance and Economic that is required for the production of the MCTAP
1. Review the availability of the existing industry credit schemes in Indonesia for possible MCT project financing options
2. Evaluate the viability of financing MCT projects in the potential sectors, as well as the assessment of potential financing schemes.
3. Develop action plans for the establishment of MCT project financing
4. Design capacity building strategy for the banking/financial sector to provide MCT project financing
5. Design financing schemes for assisting potential MCT users in their MCT application projects;
6. Develop MCT financing guideline used by energy service company (ESCO)
7. Conduct a series of seminar-workshops for the commercial industry and energy sectors on potential financing options of MCT projects.
III. Impact of Results
Key results expected:
The Finance and Economic consultant will work in close collaboration with the Lead Consultant and National Project Manager of MCTAP to ensure the successful production of the following expected outputs:
1. Attracts the involvement of Financial Institutions to the project
2. Develop the financial plan to stakeholders and co-financiers of demonstration projects
3. Reports on assessment of various productive applications and the local, regional and international markets for the products in targeted segments.
4. Identification of strength and weakness of Microturbine Financial plan, and provide recommendations for improvements.
5. Inventory and dissemination of experiences and possibilities for wider promotion and adoption of MCT
6. Enhancing the viability of MCT systems through the development of productive uses of energy cogeneration and creation of markets
7. Product financial development assessment report.
8. Executive summary and project document
* Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
* Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of MCT Application Project
* Strong relationship with government body on finance and planning and private finance institution.
* Excellent skill on financial planning and engineering.
* Strong knowledge on macroeconomic.
* Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
* Excellent inter-personal and general communication skills
* Strong team-building skills; proven ability to create an enabling work environment
* Focuses on result for the working group and responds positively to feedback.
Required Skills and Experience
V. Recruitment Qualifications
* University degree in economics or finance
* Minimum 5 years working experience both in the field and office environment.
* Good Relation with Financial institution locally or internationally.
* Familiarity with national energy policy, project management and knowledge about commercial and industrial development activities in Indonesia is required.
* Working knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of relevant line ministries, such as Ministries of Finance.
* Experience working on energy cogeneration applications in the context of commercial and industrial development.
* Familiarity with, and updated on, various international projects on energy cogeneration development and applications, with experience in Indonesia being an asset.
* Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
* Able to work in a team atmosphere.
* Good interpersonal communication skill.
* Able to work under pressure and limited time.
* Good command of oral and written Bahasa Indonesia and English.
* Fluency in written and spoken English and Indonesian
(Ability to write a reports, make presentation, provide training, etc)
Beside applying through the UNDP website, interested and qualified applicants should submit a one-page cover letter and updated curriculum vitae (CV) together with complete contact details of three professional references. CVs should be in English with most recent photograph to.
National Execution by The Agency for the Assessment and Application of Technology (BPPT)
Balai Besar Teknologi Energi (B2TE) – BPPT
Kawasan Puspitek Gd. 620
Cisauk (d/h Serpong)