The Biomedical Research Institute of Hasselt University (Belgium)
The Biomedical Research Institute of Hasselt University (Belgium) has a vacancy for a (m/f):
Postdoctoral researcher (2 years) in frame of the Methusalem Program “An integrated approach towards understanding the pathogenesis of CNS and PNS disorders” (NEURONET)
Research at the Biomedical Research Institute (BIOMED, Hasselt University) focuses on disease mechanisms of multiple sclerosis (MS) and the development of new therapeutics for this neuroinflammatory disease. The group uses various modern technologies in immunology, molecular biology, cell biology and imaging to study the activation and regulation of the immune system and the immune mediated injury of oligodendrocytes.
The successful applicant will be working in the recently approved Methusalem Program NEURONET. NEURONET brings together researchers from Hasselt University and Antwerp University (VIB) headed by prof. Christine Van Broeckhoven (UA) en prof. P. Stinissen (UHasselt) specialized in clinical neurology, neuropathology, neuroimmunology, genetics and genomics, cell biology, mouse model organisms and therapeutics in the domain of neurodegenerative diseases. NEURONET will focus its main research activities on neurological diseases with
emphasis on neurodegenerative aspects of diseases such as MS and Alzheimer disease. The successful applicant will make use of in vitro and in vivo models to study neurodegenerative and restorative aspects of MS.
Profile and diploma
Candidates must have an officially recognized PhD degree in biological, (bio)medical or life sciences or equivalent with a molecular/cellular orientation. The successful candidate has proven expertise in field of neurobiology/neurosciences. The candidate has excellent communication skills and is highly motivated to work in a multidisciplinary team.
* Content job responsibilities:
* prof. dr. Niels Hellings, +32 11 26 92 68 email@example.com
* prof. dr. Piet Stinissen, +32 11 26 93 03, firstname.lastname@example.org
* website of the Biomedical Research Institute: http://www.uhasselt.be/biomed
* Content terms of employment and selection procedure: Jef Vanvoorden, 011-26 80 80, email@example.com
Applicants must use the official application forms
* which are available at the Rectoraat of Hasselt University, Campus Diepenbeek, Agoralaan – building D, B-3590 Diepenbeek (Belgium), phone +32 – 11 – 26 80 03
* or which can be downloaded here pdf-file / Word format.
The completed application forms must reach the above mentioned address no later than Wednesday, November 5th, 2008.
Application by e-mail will only be taken into consideration when sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.